80 more things that make men cry

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kyt, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I'm not crying, its hayfever

3. 51highland

51highland Member

My first day at school, thought mum had disowned me.!!!

4. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

5. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

I don't think any of us are going to top that, David. No-one should have to outlive their children.

I cried when I told people that my oldest child had been born, even though everything was perfectly alright. Goodness knows what I would have been like if it hadn't been alright, and the worst thing that could happen to me now would be losing one of them. Or one of them screwing up their lives as they go through their teens.

Generally, I've been more emotional since having children; most men would say that.

Its interesting that even in this cynical day and age, a lot of examples in the list are related to war films or Remembrance ceremonies. I can bring on tears by thinking of some particular examples of heroism or sacrifice. The story of Flt Sgt Ron Middleton VC. The story of the elderly couple, Mr and Mrs Strauss on the Titanic ("Together we have lived, together we shall die").

Adrian

6. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

David I hoped that if I waited a couple of days I would find the right words to express my sincere condolences (and I'm sure those of all of us here). I'm not sure that it would not have been more appropriate for me to have sent a PM to you but I could not just let your post pass without further mention.

Adrian is right, it is probably every parent's worst nightmare to outlive their children and I know from personal loss that time doesn't heal, it simply makes the loss more manageable. I do hope that as time passes you are finding this to be true too.

7. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I am like you nana, i cannot find the right words.

8. David Layne

Thanks for your kind words. It's been 16 years now but as you say Nana the hurt does not go away but time does make the pain more bearable.

9. David Layne

With a heavy heart I find myself posting in this thread again. My mother who has been suffering from Parkinson's Disease for the last few years passed away early this morning (September 4th).

Five hours later my sister collapsed and died. My sister was in prime health and I feel my sisters death was not related to my mothers. Tomorrow we will have an autopsy report that will hopefully shed more light on what happened.

As you can imagine I am devastated. The day after tomorrow (Saturday) I will be going to the U.K. to take care of business and will not be posting for a while.

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

David, I am so sorry to hear of your sad losses. I can only imagine your devestation and my sincerest condolances. Take care of yourself.

my very best wishes
    Kiran

11. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

I am so very sorry David ! I lit a candle ....

la

Annie

12. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

David
    I just wanted to say how deeply sorry I am too to hear of your sad losses. Safe journey and take care.
    Carol

13. martinww2

martinww2 New Member

When i lost my dad (braincancer) i was 9 years old.
    Just recently i got a few books of him from my mom, second world war stuf.
    Now im 30 almost and the thoughts of my dad are more there than i was younger.
    Lest we forget.........

14. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I am so sorry David. Please take care

15. John

John Active Member

Hello David

So sorry to hear of your great loss. My prayers are with you.

16. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

My thoughts are with you and your family, David. Safe travels, mate.

Andy