Aussies in WW2

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Cobber, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Howdy I am in Aussie heaven today the free to air channel 72 has many hours of real footage from every where the three Aussie services were during WW2. Unfortunately I think I may have missed most of the shows about Tobruk, Greece & Crete. The show started at early today I have caught the Syrian campaign and now have the giddy pleasure of seeing real film of the Aussie commandos during first year of SW Pacific war, these shows are to keep going for numerous hours during today Sunday 25th April finishing around midnight
    It is a series that was first shown in 1961 with the AWM donating all the film they could possibly give to the producers, so that shows me that I have even more giddy pleasure today.

2. John

John Active Member

I know how you feel Cobber, as I am also watching 72

3. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Yup it was a good day for watching TV.

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

I was doing some work on the computer and had the TV on all day.

Collingwood beat Essendon so that made it a better day.

Was cataloguing all the RAAF headstone photos I had been sent this week.

I received my last requirements for the AFC/RFC/RNAS/RAf from WW1 in the UK. I required 13 and the "Pals" at GWF went out and got them all for me in a couple of weeks for wehich I was most grateful.

Emails came in from France, Canada, Libya, Egypt and the UK for the WW2 RAAF lads and a disc on the way for all of the RAAF lads at Hamburg Cemetery and just received all of the panel photos for our lads (213) on the Singapore Memorial. So now I "only" have about 2,000 of the 11,000+ to go.[​IMG]

5. Oggie2620

Oggie2620 New Member

Youre a cricket fan then Spidge? My dad was lucky enough to tour Australia with the RAF Singapore Cricket in 1964... Will have to find out where he played!
    Dee