Can anyone give any infor on Masters

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by dsms, Mar 28, 2009.

1. dsms

dsms Member

I have been trying to find any information, and hopefully images of an aircraft type called Masters. I have googled but without any success. It would appear my father in law worked on this aircraft type (info taken from his service record, station information) but cannot locate any info at all about them. Other aircraft he is know to have work on are the Oxford and Anson so would naturally assume the Masters was a similar type, but could be wrong.
    Any info appreciated

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

3. dsms

dsms Member

Thanks for that much appreciated.
    His records show he was on this type during 1944 at which time he is also shown as being with 11 (p) AFU and also @ AAPC (A) it would appear that his time with these was 11 (P) AFU which from what we can find out was based at Calveley airfield. He was also with 17 (p) AFU.

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

11 (Pilot) Advanced Flying Unit was at Calveley same as 17 (P) AFU. It was 17 that had the Masters.

AAPC was the Anti-Aircraft Practice Camp - do you have a number as there were nine of them. Do you know whether he was flying - if so then he could have been a drone-target tower.

5. dsms

dsms Member

Sorry he was not a flyer, was ground crew in No. 2