Dog leash Goths 'hounded off bus'

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kyt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

BBC NEWS | England | Bradford | Dog leash Goths 'hounded off bus'

Hmmm, me thinks that, whatever the the rights and wrongs of a woman being "lead around" by a leash, this is social disapproval rather than H&S because I've seen loads of kids on buses on safety harnesses/ leashes. The same would apply to them if the bus braked suddenly.

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Okie dokie then. Perhaps they're trying to avoid mentioning the fact that she might get strangled should the bus brake suddenly - as in trying to avoid any thoughts that she might enjoy it?! I think you're right, Kyt, those kids in harnesses (admittedly not around the neck) would do similar "damage".

Always amused by the try hard goths who hang around the Perth CBD. All trying to be non-conformist but then they all dress the same...therefore they're conforming so...

Completely lost respect when they hurled abuse at a bride as she was getting out of her car at Wesley Church in the centre of town. They were politely told where to go!

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

4. Antipodean Andy

Indeed.

I always temper my opinion of them as whole by remembering that Jodi and her sisters went through their Goth stages and they turned out okay!

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Apart from marrying you :peep:

6. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

It's Victor Meldrew again here!!!

I despair.

Why would anyone allow themselves to be subjugated like this? I actually found it offensive. What was our struggle for?

Did I miss something in the Goth culture?

I agree about the H&S excuse being a bit lame, but it is much more likely that , if it were necessary to brake sharply, the person being restrained would be injured. Since most children's restraints fit over the body or attach to the wrist, this could potentially break their arm, but not their neck.

I keep trying to imagine how I would have dealt with this as a parent - thank God my time has gone!

7. Antipodean Andy

I didn't say her judgement was unimpaired!

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

*sniggers*

Can't say I am impressed by the dog lead thing, but they're obviously happy. as to Goths, spoken to a few in my line of work in Tourism and they are generally the quietest, most polite and intelligent individuals I come across. its the rich visitors i have trouble with.

As to Arriva, i am afraid i am with them. If there is a sudden brake the fact she is wearing a dog collar and lead around her neck will cause major problems for her.
    The child harnesses tend to be used to keep the child safe and that coudl save them.