Elamain, are you sure?

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Ubique, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Ubique

Ubique Guest

You've got the Forum name wrong!
    How do you spell El Alamein???
    I know it's WW2 For Beginners but that isn't very good is it?

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Oops, a simple typo. Well spotted

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Been meaning to mention it!

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

I don't know about everyone else, but bad spelling annoys me. I am guilty as are most however if any one sees any errors, let us know.

I got the boss the first day!

5. Antipodean Andy

One of my pet hates too, Spidgeman.

6. spidge

spidge Active Member

About six months ago, I was looking at a website from Sydney.

Melbourne was spelt incorrectly four times.

7. Antipodean Andy

That's Sydneysiders for ya!

8. spidge

spidge Active Member

Actually, I went looking for Sydney spelt with an (i).

9. Antipodean Andy

Or the way Juan Antonio Samaranch (sp :p) pronounced it:

Sydehknee

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

so my regular typos don;t annoy you then? ;)

11. Antipodean Andy

You are given the benefit of the doubt! Figure you do enough spell checking etc for your assignments so you're allowed a bit of leeway!

12. Oggie2620

Oggie2620 New Member

Spelling

Kitty

None of us is perfect (me least of anyone!) and given the mosquito's/mosquitoes discussion that going on one of the other forums it can be quite interesting as all sorts of esoterica re spelling comes out.... Talking of Melbourne, Andy, I wasnt aware till the other day that there was one in Yorkshire aswell. I thought yours was the one and only.... Found some good pics of the Yorkshire one on www.oldairfields.fotopic.net if interested-its still alive and at least something flies out of it!

Dee

13. spidge

spidge Active Member

Some great sites linked there. Especially the RAF Lincolnshire!

Cheers

Geoff

14. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Several Melbourne's around the world OZ, UK, USA, all name after Lord Melbourne.

I thank the gods for spell check as even when being careful i often misspell by mistake, often due to typing too quick. I look down at keyboard when typing and type pretty quickly with four fingers, however due to this i don't see any mistakes till i am finished typing. This is where spell check comes in for me.
    Also with spell check i sometimes get lazy and just spell something close enough and the spell check then corrects it for me.
    'Punctuation'; It is one thing i know bugger all about, will have to read up one day so i know when to use what.

15. Oggie2620

Oggie2620 New Member

Never mind that

Never mind the punctuation its the information thats important... Anyone can read anything as long as the first and last letters are as they should be so they tell me!
    Dee

16. Allison

Allison Member

People, witnesses, fighters, and all, we are talking about SPELLING instead of telling our history.

What happened in Egypt during that campaign? How did Patton and Omar Bradley out wit, and out smart those Nazi fighters?