February 1945- Faith of the Japenese in the swamp

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by TheDreambrain, Jul 8, 2008.

1. In February 1945, in Burma, British forces have a battalion of around 1,000 Japenese surrounded. The Japs are forced to retreat through a swamp and only about 20 of them survive. The rest were killed by 15ft long crocodiles. A disturbing true story, far more disturbing than the faith of the Indianapolis.

There was a movie I think made about what happened to the Japs in that swamp- if there is can somebody please tell me the name of it?

Thanks

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

3. Ferhilt

Ferhilt New Member

There are 2 motion pictures that I can recall about WW II in Burma, but I don't know if they are the ones you are looking for, I think they are based before that event. One is an Errol Flynn movie Objective, Burma! (1945) and the other one is Yesterday's Enemy (1959) Overview

Heres a book about the Massacre at Ramree Island (where the Japanese where based): Amazon.com: Dragon of the Mangroves: Inspired by True Events of World War II: Yasuyuki Kasai: Books

Theres a Youtube video about it: YouTube - Massacre at Ramree Island

And the Wikipedia article on it.. Battle of Ramree Island : Battle of Ramree Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that helps

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

5. Ferhilt

Ferhilt New Member

Kyt and I are playing post tag. And looking up the same web sources.