German flying school in the USSR

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by liverpool annie, Jan 3, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

I found this site looking for something else ... did you know about this flying school ?? ....

A secret aviation school

2. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

Thanks Annie
    I had heard of this school; it isn't something that has been suppressed until recently, but I've never read about it in this much detail.

Attached is a picture of one of the aircraft, from a book I've had for ages.

Adrian

Attached Files:

3. Adrian Roberts

Just realised the writing is illegible in the scan, but the caption says it is a Fokker D.XIII of the German Jadglehrstaffel (Fighter Training Squadron) at Lipetsk, USSR, ca 1932.

4. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Hi Adrian,

Is that page taken from the illustrious 'Aircraft Profiles' series?

Cheers

Owen

5. Adrian Roberts

Its from Kenneth Munson's "Pocket Encyclopaedia of World Aircraft in Colour" series, published by Blandford in the 60's and 70's. This one is from "Fighters 1919-39"

These books are the core of my aviation knowledge. I've had "Fighters 1939-45" since I was ten; by the time I was fifteen I had acquired "Bombers 1939-45", "Fighters 1914-19", "Bombers 1914-19", and "Helicopters since 1907" as well as a couple of the same series on cars. I found "Fighters 1919-39" and "Bombers 1919-39" in a second-hand bookshop about ten years later - still nearly 25 years ago!

Adrian

6. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Thanks Adrian.

I've got some of that series too.

Cheers

Owen