Information and pictures wanted for B17 website

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by b17-flyingfortress, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Hi

I'm just writing to you to let you know about a new website i'm working on - B17-FlyingFortress.co.uk, I plan to have News on the remaining B-17s, stories from ww2, pictures videos and a lot of general information about the B-17.

I was wondering if any of you would be able to help out at all with any pictures of video clips or any general information at all?

I'm hoping to have enough content for the website in the next couple of months, so looking to launch it fully in september.

Many thanks

Vince Pettit
    vince@B17-flyingfortress.co.uk

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

There are thousands of pages on the web about the B-17, and lots of videos on youtube (which you could embed into your site).

It really depends on what you already have, and what you intend to focus on. This is just a taster:

B-17 Pilot Training Manual - Page 1

3. Anything and everything really, looking to make it more of a central site with all the info on, as you say there is loads of pages on the web already, but doesn't seem to be anything with all the info in one place :)

Thanks for the link

4. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Hi Vince,

I have a few shots of "Sally B" if that's of help. Though being near Duxford, I'd suspect you have quite a few.

View attachment 1925

Cheers

Owen

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Hi Vince. Welcome aboard and best of luck for your endeavour. I don't have many pics of B-17s, only Sally B, Pink Lady, the AAM aircraft, and Short Bier in Utah. However, if you are planning a book review section on B-17 books, I'll have a go at some of the books on my shelf.

6. Book review section is definately something i've thought about so if you would like to give it a go that would be great!

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Don't hold your breath as I usually read RAF and C'th works but dabble in USAAF on occasion!

8. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

9. Ferhilt

Ferhilt New Member

Hi Vince,

I see you have a pet project like I do. I have a few B-17 photos I will send over to ya.