Japanese POW card translation request

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by heatherannej, Jan 19, 2011.

1. heatherannej

heatherannej New Member

Hello there, Today I received a copy of my Uncle's POW card from the National Archives. Is there anyone out there who can translate please? If yes, then I'll post to the Forum or send scans privately. Many thanks Heather

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Heather,

Post it up on the forum and i'll have a crack at it for you.

Sniper

3. heatherannej

heatherannej New Member

POW Index Card attachments etc

I've never posted attachments before - wasn't sure of what size of attachment would be accepted. They are not very clear ....

On the front left hand column are three handwritten codes = JH/37, JH93 and JH/94. In the No. slot, under "4009"/right of 2 Japanese symbols) is handwritten "III 1280" - it may even be "12801"? Any ideas?

2 members from 2 other Forums have helped with translation but, with due respect to them, I placed on three Forums because I thought "the more the merrier"! I wanted as many people to look them over as possible :)

What I know now is: Captured 20 March 1942 Java. ? Camp, Java 15 August 1942.
    The faint back looks as though it confirms him missing from the sinking of the Suez Maru.
    Also, on the lists I have found Willie on, (as with many RAFVR men) no squadron is given. I've read recently that a lot of RAF men arrived in Java without being allotted to ione beforehand. Any feedback on any aspect of Willie will be much appreciated.

Many thanks Heather

BrodieWilliamForbesPetrie_WW2_POWcard_back_cut.jpg

Attached Files:

4. albert snowdon

albert snowdon New Member

hi heather i had one translated by www.tbrconline.com just contact these people they may be able
    to give you some information also a good site is http://www.taiwanpow.com/ a site full of information
    good luck albert