Look at this !!

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by liverpool annie, Nov 19, 2008.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

What a brilliant, brilliant story. Thanks, Annie. I was aware of the museum having a Hurri but had not realised the extent of the restoration i.e. running. A very historic aircraft.

I'm a sucker for anything to do with Malta so you've made my day.

3. Antipodean Andy

airman191570

Anyone know who Salt is?

4. liverpool annie

I was looking here for Flt Lt J H Salt but he's not on this index ... but thought I'd give you the pages anyways - you may find him !!

airman191570

Duh ... ignore what I just said ! .........

5. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

I can never see too many Hurri restoration photos!

Cheers

Owen

6. Antipodean Andy

You can say that again, Owen.

7. liverpool annie

Oh OK ..................... though this is probably ... yet again ...... !!

Hurricane Mk1 (RAF serial R4118, squadron code UP-W, UK civil registration G-HUPW) at Kemble Open Day, Kemble Airport, Gloucestershire, England.
    The aircraft was delivered new to 605 (County of Warwick) Squadron in August 1940. It flew 49 combat sorties from Croydon, England, destroying 3 enemy aircraft and damaging 2 others. Still painted in its original markings, R4118 is the only Hurricane from the Battle of Britain still flying

8. liverpool annie

The Guide Book to the Worlds Surviving Hawker Hurricanes

9. war hawk

war hawk New Member

What I am about to say is out of complete sarcasm, are you sure that isn"t a different plane:nono: well this smiley will tell how good they did in the restoration:first:. I wonder if any of you ever seen the show called "Overhaul" they do complete restoration, I can not remember which battle this was but a Panther was retreating and the crew didn"t know they were driving over a FROZEN LAKE!! they started to drive over the LAKE that was iced over they broke threw and the crew drowned to death. Well the team from the show called "Overhaul" pulled the Panther out of the Frozen lake. They restored it and you would have never known it was in a lake for 60 plus years. When they pulled it out I thought the thing was gonna fall apart.:clock: I corrected this on the other post but it was a river in Poland

10. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

War hawk wrote
    Panzer Tank Recovery

11. war hawk

war hawk New Member

That is not what I seen. the only reason I say this is because I seen the show not to long ago, The tank was a panther, the thing looked much worse than that. . Here are somethings to describe the tank to show it was a Panther, long barrel bigger tank,. Oh sorry I said lake, looked it up on the internet, it was actually a River in Poland. oops, the tank had no color, but rust,.

12. David Layne

Seems like just about every pond lake or river in Eastern Europe has a tank in it, was this the one?

T34 at Johvi, Estonia - WW2 Relic is also Symbol of Cold War : The Runagates Club

13. war hawk

war hawk New Member

The show was called "Tank Overhaul"
    :peep:

14. war hawk

war hawk New Member

15. war hawk

war hawk New Member

The show was on the Military channel. The restoration team lives in the " Isle of Wight"

16. David Layne

17. war hawk

war hawk New Member