M.i.a.

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kitty, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Kitty

Kitty New Member

After an incident involving a van, a car and a phone junction box (don't ask) His Lordship The Honourable Kyt will not be online for approximately 4 days due to having no phone line.

While the cats away.... :>

2. Brian S

Brian S Guest

Kyt

Kitty I thought Kyt being a Techno genius would have had a 3G Modem.

Bye the way during an idle hour last week I saw a TV programme on the Mosquito and learned something new. An auto six pounder for use on anti shipping operations.Wow a round every two seconds, never realise that the Mosquito carried such a weapon.

Brian

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

The Mossie was a real little fighter. that gun was vicious!

4. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

>>

It was used in the anti-shipping role by Coastal Command. They modified a B25 Mitchell to carry, I believe a 25 pounder as well!

5. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

Better leave some space in the "Rant & Rave" section.

6. Kitty

Kitty New Member

oh I think half a line will be enough after I've edited out the language.

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Yes, the Tsetse as they called it, Brian. On the forum somewhere is a link to a video of the aircraft doing ground-based firing tests. We all enjoyed watching the aircraft rock backwards and forwards from the recoil. This was probably on the doco you saw.

B-25G and H had the 75mm but in the end it was decided the eight .50 cal nose (along with the "cheek" packs - two .50 cal either side) was more effective. Love B-25 hard noses! But then, it could be argued that the Beaufighter and Mossie packed as big a punch with only two crew.

But I digress. I reckon Kyt'll be half enjoying his enforced downtime. He might actually read a book or two! It did freak me out when I read Kitty's post though (happens a lot with Kitty's posts) as I thought he'd had an accident. Very relieved.

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

yeah, one day I'll freak you out by using the Queen's English innit.

9. David Layne

Should be back today then (Tuesday) he has a lot of catching up to do.

Bet he has been bored stiff with no computer.

10. spidge

spidge Active Member

If their forecast is good on the repairs.

11. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

RANT: Stupid lorry drivers who (a) shouldn't be driving down narrow streets, (b) definately shouldn't try reversing down said narrow streets, and (c) shouldn't be allowed to drive if they are blind

RAVE: Phone line is back

RANT: Only phone lines are back - so am having to use DSL at 31.2 kps as opposed to 2.2 Mbs!!

RAVE: I can check my emails and Chat

RANT: I think I shall save this one for PMs

BTW - yes, I know this isn't the RANT/RAVE thread but don't care :(

12. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Welcome back, Kyt! I see the time off has not improved your temper! Ah well! Ire Furor Brevis est!

13. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Cheers Morse. However, I don't know whether this line will be disconnected soon or remain as the workmen as still reconnecting the whole phone junction box.

Just as well I didn't have much work to do, or I'd really be mad :)

14. David Layne

Welcome back, you have a lot of catching up to do.

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

what work?

16. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I'm baaaaack!!! And faster than ever as BT have upgraded the connection to 8mb (well 7ish anyway) too.

17. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Welcome to the word of faster surfing, I have a 20mb line which is fine but its uploads I do most often and they only give 768kb/sec which is crap.

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

not sure what mine does, keeps saying local network cable is unplugged. Give me strength. Time to ring BT and yell at them methinks.

19. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Good luck - maybe they'll answer before 2009

20. Kitty

Kitty New Member

pfft! yeah right.