Man takes overdose after £6k bill

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Kyt, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Man takes overdose after £6k bill

2. spidge

spidge Active Member

What a disgrace and a debacle. Notice how they put everything back on the consumer!

3. John

John Active Member

What a very sad story. It's the same old story of companies riding rough sod over their customers. It happens everywhere.:mad2::mad2:

4. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

I find the comments made by the E-On rep, to be extremely disturbing! he sounds cynical and is trying to cover up up for the poor service provided by his company and officials!

5. sgt petts

sgt petts Member

Disgusting. Poor old chap. These sorts of mistakes have been made time and time again.

If only he had spoken to his children.

6. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

What a tragedy for all concerned! All of the computer systems I have been involved with have automatically highlighted abnormal amounts so his very first large bill should have been investigated. Our utility companies show their true colours yet again!!!

7. spidge

spidge Active Member

In Australia increased gas or electricity bills/usage to a home address usually brings the drug squad!

Someone didn't do their job and they are running for cover.

8. Ferhilt

Ferhilt New Member

Poor guy. I've been poor like that and it feels terrible. Big corporations don't really care about the individual. They could get sued for $1M from one person and write it off while making $100M doing whatever they were. It's all about the $$ and the stockholders.

9. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Poor man. Does not deserve it after the service he gave.