Message in a bottle found in wall

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Antipodean Andy, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Workers find message hidden in Auschwitz wall - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

2. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Imagine the feelings if they were your relatives !!

I think I would be in a state of euphoria :D

3. Antipodean Andy

Auschwitz survivor baffled by bottle message - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

4. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

List of prisoners from Auschwitz found after 65 years

The bottle with a list of seven prisoners from Auschwitz was found in National High School in Oswiecim by building workers. The building was a constituent part of a death camp in Auschwitz – informed the school.

The bottle was set into the wall in a shelter 65 years ago, probably by workers. There was a piece of rolled paper with seven names of construction workers:
    “Concentration camp in Oswiecim, 20.IX.44, an air-raid shelter for support service T.W.L. It was built by prisoners: nr 121313 Bronisław Jankowiak from Poznan, 130208 Stanislaw Dubla from Laskowice in Tarnow county, 131491 Jan Jasik from Radom, 145664 Waclaw Sobczak from Konin, 151090 Karol Czekalski from Lodz, 157582 Waldemar Bialobrzeski from Ostroleka, A 12063 Albert Veissid from Lyon (France). All of us aged 18-20”

News Poland - List of prisoners from Auschwitz found after 65 years

5. Antipodean Andy

'My dad wrote Auschwitz bottle message' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)