new chum says hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by emu, Jul 4, 2011.

1. emu

emu New Member

Hi
    My name is Adam. I have a long standing interest in military history, mostly built around the involvement of family members, that is both World War 2 and the Great War.
    My World War 2 interests include the Australian land campaigns in the Middle East and Pacific and Asia. Pretty much all of it.
    I am also interested in the command structures and decisions that guided the war so that means by association I am reading more on the American and British campaigns in the Pacific and Asia.
    I have lived for more than 10 years in the pacific islands and have been fortunate to visit many of the significant battle sites, and some of the controversial ones.
    emu

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum. If you have an interest in WW1 why not try our sister site www.ww1talk.com
    Its still quite small with very little traffic at the moment but i am working hard to try and build it up and get members chatting. You are indeed very lucky to live in such a beauiful part of the world and to have some of the more bloody battles of WW2 on your doorstep.
    Again welcome to the forum and i look forward to reading some of your posts about the pacific battles.

Sniper

3. Kitty

Kitty New Member

welcome to the forum Emu, please do have a wander through both sites and then dive on in. We're all pretty friendly and I tend to keep the worst members muzzled ;)