Newbie calling in

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by justplanecrazy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. justplanecrazy

justplanecrazy New Member

Hi All, Nick from Hull UK, avid modeller for 40 years, Late Dad ex RAF. Was searching the net for Lancaster stuff and came across your site & it looks very interesting.

My Interests are in Bomber Command, RAF SEAC, FAA, RAAF, RNZAF & and that nasty Asian unpleasantness in what was formally Indochina particularly the French Air Force.

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard Nick. Got any pics of your models you could share? I used to enjoy models myself, put together a few nice dioramas, but having young kids in the house put an end to that.

3. justplanecrazy

4. Peter T Davis

Very nice. I see you're partial to aviation models. Do you stick with a specific scale?

5. justplanecrazy

Yes they are all 1/72. I do have about 1/2 a dozen 1/48 'Specials', and most of Force Z in 1/700, but that's as far as it goes. Only trucks I have would directly relate to aircraft.

Nick

6. Peter T Davis

Neat. I've done mostly model ships in the past, and it was always a hassle to be consistant with the scale. Do you display any of yours in dioramas?

7. justplanecrazy

only one is any thing near a diorama, Von Werra's 109. Still working on the base.

8. Peter T Davis

Post a picture when you've got it done. :)