Nuclear subs collide in Atlantic

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by liverpool annie, Feb 16, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

This is worrying ... don't you think ?? !

BBC NEWS | UK | Nuclear subs collide in Atlantic

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

One wonders how two subs, in tens of thousands of square miles of ocean manage to collide?

3. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I'll say it before anybody else ....... lady drivers???? - definitely only kidding!!!!

4. war hawk

war hawk New Member

That is what I am wondering.:deadhorse:

5. John

John Active Member

How could 2 subs with their multi million dollars radar system and other warning systems possiblely collide. I bet this inquirey will be under lock and key
    :poster_oops::noidea:

6. war hawk

war hawk New Member

It says that the two subs anti-sonar systems, that were supposed to hide the subs from radar systems worked " Too effectively".:noidea:

7. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

Very possibly, but still an enormous coincidence to collide in all that sea and then just happen to slow down enough to cause only minor damage. Were they hunting each other? Or did one think the other was Russian?

8. barnsey

barnsey Guest

Quite simple really ....... Mutual amorous attraction ... y'know ... sex and all that!!

:bathbaby:

9. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Rutting subs? Now there's an image that I wouldn't want to imagine.

10. Ferhilt

Ferhilt New Member

A prime example of not talking on your cell phone while driving...

11. spidge

spidge Active Member

It had to happen one day.

12. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Given they're both SSBNs, ballistic missile subs, they are about as loud as a hole in the ocean when operating at low speeds. Still very quiet at higher speeds too. They wouldn't have heard each other but, given the size of their operating area, they did well to hit each other! Freaky.