Photo test, please ignore...

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Geedee, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Geedee

Geedee Guest

Please ignore this thread....or not !.

I've noticed that the size of piccie I'm posting, seem slightly distorted / jaggy, unless I wait for the little enlargement thingamebob to appear, so I've decided to run a few versions of the same pic to check out the sizes to get the best result.

If you've got any observations....about the picture quality !!!!...gratefully received

2. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

Are you "The Aviator" in disguise?

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

That's a pretty cool t-shirt. I would have thought she'd have bigger arms than that if she's polishing the 'stang to that shine!

4. Geedee

Geedee Guest

I can niether confirm nor deny that I am he !.

Actually, I dont like aeroplanes....nasty noisy smelly things...my camera just takes umpteen thousand pic's everytime I go past an airfield (I think it belonged to a spotter in a previous life !). :D

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I have exactly the same problem with my credit card. I think my details have been stolen by someone interested in the daring-does of these macines (stolen by by an idiot as I keep ending up with the books :peep:)

6. Antipodean Andy

You're welcome, Kyt!

:frusty: Andy just realising he's revealed himself as an idiot!

7. Geedee

Geedee Guest

No sir, been doing some further reading here, indeedy not....wouldnt mind moving to Oz tho', gotta be better weather than we have here at the moment....and yes, I love hot sunnny climes.

8. Antipodean Andy

Mmm, a bit more hard pressed to hunt down warbirds tho, mate. Having said that, we've got some mean machines here...you've just got to travel to see them!

9. Geedee

Geedee Guest

Hmmmmm, lets see here....
    Airacobra
    Winjeel
    Boomerang
    Spifire
    Hudson
    Mustang
    Liberator
    Lancaster
    Mosquito
    And not forgetting a twin seat 'Stang you can go for a ride in (cant do that here, the CAA wont let it be and if they did, the insurance would be too great !)

Yup, you guys have quite a collection with a lot of unique, airworthy and soon to be airworthy types....and trawling the net, some great looking museums as well.

When I retire, might be able to make the trip one day.

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Wish I had legs that good

*Mutters under breath*

GD, if you are not happy with the image quality when you do it as an attachment, then go to this site Imageshack click browse and select the photo from your puter, then make sure the two boxes are ticked to resize image (Choose the size in the drop down menu) and to remove size resolution bar.
    It'll take a few moments to upload the image and resize it, but when it has, it will come up with a page with lots of links available. Use the one right at the bottom which states its a direct link to image.
    Copy that, come back here and pop it in by clicking on insert image over the text box (looks like a little window) and paste the URL.
    Imageshack are a free hosting service, just like photo bucket.

11. Antipodean Andy

A couple of twin seaters, Gary, one in Queensland (Caboolture) and one in Melbourne (Bob Eastgate's VH-BOB) that regularly take paying passengers.

What I was getting at is that you usually have to travel a fair bit relative to the UK to see a good number of warbirds. Of course, plumping yourself down at Temora or Point Cook or HARS makes things a bit easier!

Don't forget the soon to be TWO flying Catalinas and the various Beaufighters in museums/storage and the Beaufort!

12. Geedee

Geedee Guest

Wow....the thought of a couple of Beau's ramping it around the circuit....mmmmm....might have to spend the kids inheritance to trundle down and watch that !.

Be great if the Beaufort could be rigged to actually drop the odd Tinfish or two at a suitable coastal location. That's be one for the books !!!

13. Antipodean Andy

Sorry, Gary, I added that Beau bit in after the Cat bit. There will be two flying Cats here soon and maybe a Beau in due course (HARS) but I meant just the Beaus in general that you can see in Oz.

Can't wait for the Beaufort. They're aiming for 2010. Not long now. I volunteered on her in 2001 which is a while now so it's been a long haul for them.

14. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I have to get to Oz to see the Cats.