Planes of Nazi Germany

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Keith, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

Reading a book at present covering the duties of KG200, prompted me to start a new thread of anything interesting about the Luftwaffe.
    These drawings could be of interest to some.
    Some of Germany's ideas borrowed from the Japanese.
    I must say it, could be called the Nazi Kazi.

Cheers
    Keith DCXXII

Attached Files:

2. sniper

sniper Active Member

Very interesting Keith, i think they were thinking of packing the lower plane full of explosives and dropping them on major targets over the UK.

Sniper

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Sniper,
    That was the idea, however after it proving a complete failure, pilotless, it was decided to use "idealistic, self-sacrificing volunteers" to pilot the weapon.
    A new Luftwaffe division was to be formed to accomodate the venture, with Himmler's enthusiastic approval, and to be called "Jagerdivision Herman Goring".
    When an objection was raised, pointing out the the Fuhrer would never condone the sacrificing of young German pilots, Himmler said that the Fuhrer should not be bothered with trivial matters.
    However common sense prevailed and word was got to Hitler, who immediately stopped the idea.
    Posting two pictures of the idea which you may find interesting.

Cheers
    Keith DCXXIII
    Mistrell001.jpg

4. John

John Active Member

Thanks for that Keith - I hadn't heard of this before. They should have strapped Himmler into one and sent him into the ocean
    John