Poor Commander of the War ! & !

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Diptangshu, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

Whom you think of ..
    Though I never ever tried to do so, but I wonder a very good number of them exists.
    I must say that Göring remains in that 1st line. During the earlier days of War, Galland repeatedly explaining Him the necessity of the Luftwaffes' expantion, but Göring simply declined, for which the German air wing had to collapse ..

2. Interrogator#6

Interrogator#6 Active Member

Shall we start a list for the worst of the high-ranking commanders of the war? My nominees would have to be Rudolf Hess, for his flaws in command on the Eastern Front in 1944, And Mark Clark for his repeated errors in Italy. As I recall Clark made three huge blunders which cost him thousands of live in spite of having ULTRA intelligence which warned him prior to his errors.

3. Diptangshu

Diptangshu Active Member

But .. before Hess and Clark, may I keep this Very Commander Semyon Budenny, a step ahead! His commandership stood devastating to his fellow 60,000 brave soldiers during their Battle for Kiev.
    Had he nurished his brain with the study of modern as well as contemporary mechanised warfare, rather than his Mustach, the fellow soldiers would have escaped from blood shed, which has been remained a single largest defeat in the military history of War2.
    A chameleon should think Twice, prior to engulf a titan beetle .. digestion impossible.
    I shouldn't wonder ever about the width of military intelligency of a horse breeding aggri. minister, but still I wonder how mysteriously he escaped from the execution !&! ..
    Nominees are there of good numbers, at the queue.. arn't they ?