RAF- Bowing down to Modern Adjustments?

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Heidi, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Heidi

Heidi New Member

In 1940's the RAF'S Male pilots were aloud to have naked ladies as nose art and flew these planes in and above of Muslim land!
    70 years on,It has been bann by the RAF! Why,cause of female pilots and muslim women!
    I agree in females joining RAF and i agree that respecting Muslims women and there culture in there home land.
    Why??? I don't think RAF should bann nose art of naked ladies,it;s the culture for polits to brand there planes after all,they are risking there lives.

Lucy Pin-Ups Banned by RAF (Offensive to Muslims and Feminists)
    If link did not work,please goggle this-Lucy pin-up Banned by RAF

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Infact, during WW2, most RAF and Commonwealth aircraft didn't have females as nose art. A lot of it was a lot more humorous

Clarence Simonsen Nose Art

It tended to be the Americans who used the pin-up styles that most people nowadays associate with all nose art

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Didn't stop them during the first Gulf War over Kuwait and Iraq.

4. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Humous females on British planes yes! and yes more Americans deployed them.
    But,Modern airman want to do what there grand fathers did during ww2 but can not cause of females wanted to join the RAF,and muslim women culture.

I say a female joining a mans world,should except to live in a mans world and for flying planes with naked women as nose art,it was not a problem for American pilots during ww2 flying in and out of muslim land.

The RAF WW2 pilots had more culture and freedom than the today's pilots ,cause of females! (all types of females of nationalties british and muslims).

I know i am going against my own sex here! i am naughty lol but that's how i see things.

Cheers.

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I don't think many American aircraft flew over 'muslim land' during the war - except for maybe parts of North Africa and parts of the CBI. The controversy of noseart that I'm particularly aware from the war was from groups in the US objecting to the suggestive art on the aircraft in the Pacific - the B-29s and PB4Ys in particular were wonderful 'canvases'. There was also some consternation with regard to combat-weary aircraft returning to the US for storgae etc adorned in artwork. Of course, those complaining didn't face death on a regular basis.