Rover Scouting in Japanese Prisoner of War Camps

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by liverpool annie, Jan 23, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

As always I came across this looking for something else ....... !! ... I'm always looking for information about the POW camps after the Fall of Singapore ... I didn't find anything to help me .... but it was interesting reading just the same ! ... I hope you find something for you ! ( quite a few names mentioned ! )

Scouting does not seek conflict or confrontation. Yet it is a Movement that has survived all adversities for nearly one hundred years. There can have been no more savage conflict than war and no more inhospitable confrontations than in the jungles of the Far East during the Second World War, yet Scouting continued amongst the soldiers. There can have been no greater adversity than that experienced by the men taken prisoner in those jungles, yet, remarkably, Scouting continued in the Prisoner of War camps in Burma, Malaya, Taiwan and Thailand. The story of those Rover Crews, meeting under such terrible duress, is a humbling one and is told here, as far as is possible, in the words of Rover PoWs who survived to tell the tale.

"Johnny" Walker's Scouting Milestones Pages - Bamboo Thumbsticks

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Certainly has! A very interesting post, Annie, and most obscure from where I sit. Thanks.