Slow site

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by CXX, Nov 30, 2008.

1. CXX

CXX New Member

I know this is the wrong place to post this but I've tried other threads without success. WHY is this site so slow? All day I have attempted to post and have given up due to the length of time I have to spend waiting for the site to upload. I have no trouble with other sites, in fact they are very fast to upload, it just seems to be this one.
    can anyone please explain?

Peter

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi Peter

I don't seem to be having any problems. Is it access to the site or just posting? Are you trying to post in the Quick Reply box? Try Go Advanced first and then click submit. I know the Quick Reply can be very slow (seems to be a glitch that affects some vBulletin forums and one I have noticed on other sites.)

I will ask Lee to look into it too

3. CXX

CXX New Member

K

It seems to be access to the site and posting, it gets very frustrating waiting for it to upload, been happening for some time now,

Peter

4. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Individual threads have been slower to come up over the past few months (since before I left Perth). I generally get a white screen with "Done" down the bottom left corner for several seconds before the thread comes up. Having said that, the laptop and desktop at home don't have this "problem". I would have expected work to be quicker though.

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. As I said, I have been ok so wasn't aware there was a problem.

I will have a look into it, and ask Lee to check

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Peter, could you try cleaning your cookies and tell me if that helps? If you don't clear your cookies regularly then you may have a duff one that is affecting your subsequent visits.

7. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I'm having the same problem too. I thought it was me & my computer which has never been the same since the new motherboard was fitted.

Just going to clear my cookies Kyt!!! (I'm dieting so it is soooooo tempting to eat them!!!)

8. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Cleaned out mine too. Crumbs everywhere...

9. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

I have been in and out of the forum all weekend. Looking and posting, I have had no problems.

10. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Apologies for the delay in getting to this.

Its not a widespread problem however some will be affected and others wont, if your carrier is using abovenet then they are having problems with their lines, the only way you will know this is if your seeing the site running slow.

They are working on it.

David is actually in the right part of the US for a change ;) thats why its not affecting him.

Hopefully it will clear shortly.

11. CXX

CXX New Member

Sorted my cookies out the other day, made no difference, when I attempt to access a thread 9 times out of 10 I get a blank page, bottom left corner says 'done' very frustrating. Lucky to get this posted. Maybe in time it will be sorted.

Regards
    Peter.

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi Peter

I have been looking around the web and a lot of people seem to suffer exactly the same peroblem as you, but for different websites. The exact cause and remedy seems to be a mystery, often cited as cookies, one's browser needing updating, the security package being used. However, one thing that is not is the actual site being visited.

Most remedies being suggested seem overly complex. I will keep looking and try to find possible things for you to check on your computer.

I shan't ask on the board but could you please PM some details. If you have problems accessing the PMs then I shall PM you my email address via rafcommands