The Night of Long Knives , facts

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by war hawk, Dec 22, 2008.

1. war hawk

war hawk New Member

I do not know where this should go I hope I"m right in this section of this website?:noidea: Alright now I always wanted to know the inside parts of the " Night of Long Knives" I know he wanted more power so he ordered that they be killed the Higherarky of the SA. I think that this is the wrong place? He killed something like #85 SA officers. I also know that the SA. killed like a hundred SS. men. I just want the facts, I hope this is a good thread.:drum::)

2. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Hi WH !

If you Google "Night of Long Knives " .... you'll find all kinds of stuff including an e-book that you can download for free ! ( which around here is a wonderful thing !! ) see what you can find and then tell us what you think !!

Annie :)

3. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

The Nacht der langen Messer (see those german classes do work) as it was known happened around the 1st Jun 1934 (dont quote me).

It was not really so much Hitler wanting more power, the SA were a thorn in his side. They were a paramilitary group whom Hitler saw as a challenge to his authority.

Other military groups he wanted on side feared the SA and by removing them it made his path to glory if you like a good bit easier. Somewhere between 80 - 120 were suggestedm some say more were killed over those few nights (some think it was just one night but it took a few).

There were many more arrests than killed.

Hey, not bad from memory :)

4. war hawk

war hawk New Member

I did look it up on the internet and it gave me the info I wanted thank you!!1:)