The Other Bletchley Park

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Benjamin_Field, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Benjamin_Field

Benjamin_Field New Member

Hello,

My grandfather, Glyn Miller, was with the Royal Signals. He has now passed away but before he died he told me that a man got in touch with him with the intention to discuss some messages which Glyn had intercepted. Apparently the 'norm' for these intercepted messages was for them to be sent to Bletchley Park, however on a number of occassions Glyn was told to send them somewhere else. Now, the man who got in touch with him claimed that many other messages were also sent to this other station, where many people worked - doing the exact same job as in Bletchley Park. But the peculiar thing is that the M.O.D refuse to admit that another place even existed, let alone people there were working on decrypting messages.

I apologise for the vague nature of this message but all I have is a fuzzy memory of a wine fuelled conversation with my late grandfather.

I would love to hear from anybody who has any information on what this might be about as not only am I interested but I am also a film-maker and am looking at the possibility of making this into a project for the future so that the secret workers of the 'Other Bletchley Park' will get the recognition they deserve.

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing any stories you may have, however irrelevant they may seem.

Cheers

Ben

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Welcome to the forum, Ben. I'm afriad I can't help you but the question is out there so let's hope it turns someone up who can help.

3. spidge

spidge Active Member

Welcome Benjamin,

I hope there is someone that can help you.

4. edwinnie

edwinnie New Member