The (unofficial) Official "Goodbye" thread

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by David Layne, Aug 11, 2008.

1. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

Welcome to The (unofficial) Official "Goodbye" thread

Here's the poop, if for any reason you're leaving http://ww2chat.com/ you post your "goodbye" in this thread.

Examples;

1.) I am leaving for the weekend. You would post something in this thread to the fact you were going to be gone for the weekend.

2.) You will be gone for a couple hours at work. Post you're going to be gone for a couple hours to get some work done.

3.) You're going off to bed. You can make a "Good night" post, because you're leaving for a nights sleep. This way people will know you're not here.

4.) You're just stepping away to take a wizz or get a beer. You would need to post that you were going to the toilet or the pub.

Extra Value

This thread will even come in handy for those of you fed up with WW2chat and feel the need to quit posting. You can fire a post off to The (unofficial) Official "Goodbye" thread saving Wiseone the bandwidth it takes to post a new one.

I'm glad I could be of such service to the community. Please post your goodbyes in a tasteful manner.

2. David Layne

It's 4.00 a.m. and time for me to go to work. Will check the forum for new post in about 10 hours.

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Shouldn't this be the hello and goodbye thread? Otherwise we will be getting a stream of goodbyes without people ealising one is back. I would be worried if someone went to the loo and didn't come back for several hours! Would definately look like an Elvis moment :becky:

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I'm here :D

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

I'm toodling off, my pepsi addiction and sleep are calling. Have fun chaps and chapesses

6. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Night kitty.

David, how does one work it if one logs on but then toodles around the interweb?

7. David Layne

As long as they check in hourly it is O.K.

8. John

John Active Member

I will be away for a couple of hours trying to work out what this thread is all about

John :noidea::noidea:

9. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Sometimes after I have logged in, I get distracted and when I get back, I've automatically been timed out. How will you ever know if I am really here or not?

10. spidge

spidge Active Member

I am off to bed. 0015 Wednesday here and I have had a hard day.

Will let you know when I am back on.

Cheers

Spidge

11. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I'm here. For how long and for what I have no idea

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

BTW, I refuse to mention everytime I'm off to make a coffee as I do that every twenty to 30 minutes (literally - I normally always have a coffee to hand) as I'd forever be saying "off for a coffee.........". Just take it as a given.

13. Kitty

Kitty New Member

that you are a caffeine addict? That's a given.

BTW, I'm here :D

14. Kitty

Kitty New Member

and Toodles

15. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Weened myself off very regular coffees a couple of weeks ago and had a horrendous headache for two days. Now, the coffees are occasional...but the tea isn't!

16. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

I have never drunk tea but copious cups of double espressos (only in a china cup) together with the occasional cigarette were my poison. After I was told to stop both I have tried all sorts of decaf but it just doesn't hit the spot for me; can't remember when I last had a coffee.

17. Antipodean Andy

Back on here.

18. Antipodean Andy

Nothing happening. Back later.

19. Antipodean Andy

Back on. Waiting around for something to get finished at work.

20. Antipodean Andy

Off I go again.