The Valor of the German Soldier

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Franek, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Franek

Franek New Member

The Valor of the German Soldier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Battle of the Bulge, the tide turned and we Americans in the Ardennes, were regaining lost ground. As the Germans retreated they put up some stiff resistance. On one occasion, in our advance we came under heavy fire. We were stopped. After a fire fight we still made no headway. It was then that one of our tanks made an appearance and blew them out of their positions.
    As we advanced we found one machine gun nest supported by about a dozen other men. These few men stopped our advance and we numbered over 200 men.. You have to give them credit

2. Cobber

Cobber New Member

So I take it you were their Franek, good on you for your service glad you made it home.

The German Machine Gunners from what I've read were hard men who usually were extremely well trained and equipped

3. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Yes,they were!German soldiers were Trian hard men and well equiped with equitment,also they went against just as equal hard determane allied soldiers fighting back.

4. Cobber

Cobber New Member

I agree Heidi as the reputation of the German Machine Gunners and in many/most their machine Guns as well are second to none.
    German Soldiers are and have allways been IMHO equal and at times better than the best fighting men in the world