This happened today

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Keith, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi All,
    Sorry if I'm breaking any rules of the Forum, but I had to share this with my friends.
    It is an email from the daughter of an officer I served with in the T.A. Regiment of the Royal Artillery in Manchester.
    She is now a Military Social Worker based in Pirbright.
    The most amazing thing about this is that on Friday I wore, for the very first time, contrary to my normally conservative style of dress, a red shirt my son had bought me for Christmas.
    This email arrived a few moments ago.

Cheers Keith

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

No rules broken Keith. It's a moving piece and I think it reflects most of the members' views.

Most of us will have different opinions of the various conflicts, but we all support the guys on the ground - that's just a logical step for our support for our veterans.

The only thing I would disagree with in that email is
    I'm not sure how true that is. I see lots of articles on the BBC website, and the newspapers, reporting on the the local support when retruning troops march through various towns and villages. And the reports are always positive.

3. Heidi

Heidi New Member

Remarkable event you witness,great to see britons public surporting the UK's army service men and women.
    Stand proud Britons!

4. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Heavens not a dry eye in this household (whole family here for the weekend) after reading that!

Not too sure I could coax my husband into anything red but I'll try!