Thomas G Cassady

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by liverpool annie, Mar 26, 2009.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

I wonder if anybody could tell me anything about this WW1 flyer who was in OSS in WW2 ... I'd appreciate the information !!

Cassady served with the French Flying Service as a pilot with the 28th Aero Pursuit Squadron during World War I. He returned to France in 1942 as a naval attaché to the U.S. Embassy in Vichy, France, during World War II. However, Cassady reported to the Office of Strategic Services as an undercover agent whose job was to help the French Underground find escape routes for downed Allied pilots, which took him into occupied France on four occasions.

After the Nazis occupied Vichy in November 1942, Cassady was taken prisoner and held in a hotel on account of his diplomatic status. He was returned to the U.S. in February 1944 as part of a prisoner exchange and resumed his undercover work that same month in Algiers and later in Paris when France was liberated. Cassady worked as an investor before and after World War II.

Thomas G Cassady - World War 1 Forums

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

3. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Nothing in the CIA declassified files except that he was still attending CIA meetings in 1948