Uh oh ! ......

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by liverpool annie, Dec 19, 2008.

1. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

2. Kitty

Kitty New Member

All we need is the ring of kids shouting Fight! Fight! Fight!

Please excuse me while I go see if i can buy Hack Green

3. Jerome

Jerome Member

Just showing the flag. Supposed to be going through the Panama Canal next.

4. war hawk

war hawk New Member

5. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Personally I see no problem with it. I think there needs to be counter balance to the One Super Power, and one has to wonder whether having a strong Russia, China, India etc is a bad thing.

Yes, they may strut their stuff but in real terms it may contain some of America's power.

As for Cuba, I hope Obama keeps his promises to start realtions - from a nationalist revolution Cuba has been pushed further and further into despotic behaviour. It could all have been so different if the US hadn't reacted in the way that it did. And hundreds of thousands in South America would still be alive if the development of democracy hadn't been hindered by CIA operations and the supporting of fascistic regimes.

6. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Thats true enough, one mega power needs to be counterbalanced by another. That way neither is willing to press the Big Red Button of Doom in case the other side does the same.

Am just concerned at the in your face tactics right now.

7. liverpool annie

Thought you might like to see these ........ !

8. spidge

spidge Active Member

There is no doubt in my mind that the two "bombs" dropped in 1945 has been the reason why they have not been used again in anger.

The 63rd anniversary has just passed.

9. war hawk

war hawk New Member

People don"t get it The Soviet Union is dangerous!!!!

Hi Annie:) I"m concerned about this because Russia is kinda dangerous, Or very!!! They could launch a Atom bomb from Cuba it is not to far away. I just hope nothing happens to us.

10. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

One of the issues with the Cuban Missile Crisis is how the world reacted to missiles so close to the US when the US had missiles in Turkey - a similar distance to the USSR. how were the USSR suppossed to react.

And the current Russians actions seem to be in a similar vein. If the US fleets can roam the oceans where ever they please, then I think most countries feel that they should be allowed to too

11. liverpool annie

It's scary because we felt we were "this close" the last time ..... but it's my opinion ...... that the Russians are in a different frame of mind now ... I wouldn't want to play Russian Roulette with Putin !!!!!!!!

The Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962: Annals of Blinksmanship

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

13. war hawk

war hawk New Member

There is a differance that is I live in America, not being cockey but some of you live in other countries. I do not feel like waking up one morning and hearing we just got hammered!!!! Russia is not our friend , more like behind the curtains, maybe in front of the curtains!!!! enemies. They supply our axis enemies,

14. war hawk

war hawk New Member

Neither I:agree::cc_hang:

15. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Well said, and could not agree more.