Well done Obama!

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by CTNana, Nov 5, 2008.

1. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Is this really the start of a new era?

I long for the day, which I guess I won't see in my lifetime, when a person's colour, creed, sexual tendencies etc. will be not even noticed, never mind considered.

Thank heavens the scarey Palin & Clinton ladies haven't got their feet anywhere near the Whitehouse welcome mat!

2. John

John Active Member

The American public has put a lot of faith into Barack Obama so I hope he doesn't let them down but after all he is a pollie.

3. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

John what is a "pollie"? A politician????

4. John

John Active Member

Oooops sorry about my aussie slang CTNANA. Yes it is a politician

John

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I do hope he is an inspiring leader as the American people have shown a lot of faith in him.

I have to admit to being a bit cautious as our new PM promised change etc etc but has largely achieved nothing to date (my opinion). However, he speaks in double-talk and pure bureaucrat dribble whereas I've noticed Obama is quite eloquent (or has a good speech writer and the ability to deliver it well). Either way, it is an amazing step for the US and I truly hope it is a step in the right direction and the country's reputation around the world is repaired after so much bumbling.

6. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

But he is Black! Surely we should be worried?

Joking :)

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Well, I will be waiting and watching but he has to be better than the incumbant...and thought McCain ssemed like an honourable man, his health problems were a major consideration. And if anything happened to him then we would have been stuck with Palin :bolt:

8. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

I enjoyed it when McCain was on tv..

Not because of him, but his wife could look pretty hot :D

9. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Personally I can't stand Obama, the man does too much spin, and he does it smoothly just like Blair did in 1997....

Either way we were screwed. Just to wait and see now. :noidea:

10. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Never really trusted Blair from the start...and couldn't stand that woman he's married to. But then, I'm sure they wouldn't like me so who cares?!

11. Wise1

Wise1 Getting Wiser!

Cheri Blair was at best a clumsy bitch.

12. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

"Palin didn't know Africa was a continent"

This is from a blog on the Telegraph website:

13. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Can I just say .... I'm surprised ! .... I never thought that people here on this site were capable of being intolerant of others ..... in just this one thread that was supposed to be one of hope for a new era ... seems to have turned the corner into something unsavoury ! and what surprises me even more is that the site administrator is the one who lowered the tone .... what a shame !

14. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi Annie

It is not intolerance of others, be they black, white, male or female. I doubt if Lee has a racist bone in his body.

However, and this is a big however, what you will find here, and many other boards populated by Brits, Australians, canadians etc, is a very high degree of cynicism as regards to politicians. Even to the point of using intemperate language,

I for one have got to the point where I have no faith in any of the politicians, whether in Britain or in the US. And that cyncism has extended to politician's advisors and their spouses - Cherie was a classic example of someone who was unelected and used her position for her own gain.

I am sorry that you were offended what has been said, and for that I do sincerely apologise, for myself and for the others, but what has been said is a reflection of the situation that many feel that they are in now.

15. martinww2

martinww2 New Member

Good job Obama its time for chance!:busted_blue:

16. liverpool annie

liverpool annie New Member

Apology accepted of course but you don't even need to apologize for a thing

having been around soldiers sailors and teenage boys nearly all my life .... I am unoffendable Kyt !

My mantra is ........ in my signature .......

of course Lee is entitled to exactly the same one !

Annie :)

17. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Thank you Annie. Now, as for Dr Seuss my favourite is "" I would not, could not, in a box. I could not, would not, with a fox. I will not eat them with a mouse. I will not eat them in a house. I will not eat them here or there. I will not eat them anywhere. I do not eat green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am. " :becky: