Clinton or Obama???

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by CTNana, Mar 11, 2008.

1. rlaughton

rlaughton http://www.militarian.com/account/avatar

The most common question here in Canada is more or less as follows:

"What American woman would vote for Hilliary Clinton when they know that she represents the type of woman that would let her husband do the intern and do nothing about it?"

The most common answer is:

"Wait, she is seeking that revenge - just wait until she is in power!"

So who wants the President and the First Man taking on each other within the confines of the White House?

Each of Obama and Clinton want to cancel (or significantly alter) the Free Trade Agreement with Canada. Great! They now get our oil from Alberta and our wood from British Columbia and Ontario and discount prices - glad to have them pay more! But that is what it all is .... politics..... nothing about you and I, the average citizen who gets along with everyone else. Time to end the grandstanding.

By the way, that all applies equally as well to Canadians - maybe more. Good job we only have 10 provinces and the 3 territories - we couldn't handle any more!

I will have to look to see who is John McCain's running mate - I don't know - but he is an older fellow. Remember what Lyndon B. Johnson did? Carpet bombing II of Iraq.

Richard of Canada

2. CTNana

CTNana Active Member

Okay I now know where my vote would go if I were in a position to vote.

Quote by Hilary Clinton in response to an admittedly pretty stupid question regarding Iran attacking Israel, she replied that: "If I'm the president, we will attack Iran... we would be able to totally obliterate them.

"That's a terrible thing to say, but those people who run Iran need to understand that, because that perhaps will deter them from doing something that would be reckless, foolish and tragic," she told TV channel ABC.

I paraphrase a quote I heard the other day - Brown was put on this earth to make even Blair look like a good guy - maybe the same applies to Hilary and Bush!!!!!!!

3. rlaughton

rlaughton http://www.militarian.com/account/avatar

Tell me one guy that would vote for a woman that let her husband do what he did without dumping him before she ran for office.

If she dumps Bill she might get my vote, but until then "no way".

However, Bill might like working with the White House Team arranging events for Hilarious while she is off on business??

Also, as we discussed over dinner this evening, how disappointed is G. Bush Sr. over the presidency of G. Bush Jr.? Can you imagine if that was your son?

Thank God I am Canadian, we don't have a President. Don't have much of a Prime Minister either??

Who said that??

4. spidge

spidge Active Member

Well she has won Pennsylvania and is still alive!

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Be thankful you don't have Gordon Brown. I earn under £2500 a year at present, and this months wage slip took nearly £70 in tax now he has abolished the 10p tax band. Welcome to screw up Britain.

:frusty:

6. spidge

spidge Active Member

In Australia you wouldn't pay any tax at all. We pay 1.5% medicare levy which provides free doctor / Hospital (basic).

Tax rates 2007-08

Taxable income
    Tax on this income
    $1 – $6,000
    Nil
    $6,001 – $30,000
    15c for each $1 over $6,000
    $30,001 – $75,000
    $3,600 plus 30c for each $1 over $30,000
    $75,001 – $150,000
    $17,100 plus 40c for each $1 over $75,000
    $150,001 and over
    $47,100 plus 45c for each $1 over $150,000

The above rates do notinclude the Medicare levy of 1.5% (read What is the Medicare levy? for more information).
    Tax offsets reduce the tax payable. Tax offsets based on taxable income levels apply to a range of circumstances. For more information read About tax offsets.

Cheers

Geoff

7. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

People in Canada cannot figure out why they are even bothering to hold an election in USA?

On one side, you have a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer . . . and a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.

On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking woman with big tits who owns a beer distributorship.

Is there a contest here?"

8. David Layne

David Layne Active Member

I will not vote for either of them, they both scare the hell out of me.

9. spidge

spidge Active Member

Not in your eyes it seems!:becky: