Rant/Rave of the Day

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kitty, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Cobber

Cobber New Member

Yep Keith
    :) "They* are everywhere, Big Brother controls the way the world is.
    They can see every moment of a persons life, work time, private time and private bedroom time, and marks it on your permanent record.
    'Careful everyone,' or Big Brother might send us down into the Salt Mines for thinking and with no modern equipment.to use. :D:cool:

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

RANT: The EU election results - a sad day

3. Cobber

Cobber New Member

When do they occur Kyt, and how do they choose the next EU President?

Regards
    Cobber

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

5. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Bugs? In my undies? We getting all Lone Gunmen here?

6. Buster

Buster "Deep down 'ere in'nit Chief?!"

But that IS how it's pronounced!

Yeah, on these types of calls I just tell them if they want to sell me something send it in the post, otherwise push off...

Cheeky buggers phoning me up and demanding my details before they speak to me..... ON A SALES CALL!?!?!?

Anyway...

RANT: British abroad - how embarrassing - just back from Turkey and I wished I could speak a different language, just to pretend I wasn't British!

RAVE: Turkey!

7. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

I second that rave on Turkey. Awesome place.

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

RAVE: Spent a good day up in Derbyshire, mooching around Magpie Mine, Arbor Low/Grin Low and Stanton Moor (spectacular fail there).

RANT: Trying to convince Pano Pro to save files as Jpegs. :please:

9. Antipodean Andy

Elaborate please.

10. Golden Wattle

Golden Wattle New Member

I 3rd Turkey as an awesome place.
    GW.

11. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Stanton Moor, in derbysire, home to the 9 Ladies stone circle and a myriad of prehistoric/neolithic/mediaeval earthworks and remains. I went to see the 9 Ladies, finally found somewhere to park after they put bloody big boulders in all the laybys to stop visitors parking... only to find myself at the wrong end of the moor.

Fail! :first:

12. Antipodean Andy

Just had a silly thought that the big boulders in the laybys were standing stones. That'd be funny.

13. Kitty

Kitty New Member

If they weren't straight from the nearest quarry maybe.

However got home and found the map i should have taken with me, instead of the other map i didn't need. I was on the road off which were a further 2 stone circles. Epic Fail

14. Antipodean Andy

It wasn't meant to be.

15. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Not this time no.

And UBER RANT: I didn't get the job i spent all day yesterday interviewing for. Turns out of the 5 of us there, 2 were internal applicants. For christs sakes, why call the rest of us if you intend to give it internally?

16. Antipodean Andy

Have to prove all avenues have been used to source a successful candidate. At least you made it to the final five. The way things are at the moment, there would have been hundreds of applicants so, in that respect, well done. Small consolation (or none at all) I know.

17. Buster

Buster "Deep down 'ere in'nit Chief?!"

It is a ridiculously expensive way of pacifying the unions. All jobs 'should' be opened to external candidates, even if the appropriate encumbent has been determined. That way the unions can not claim favouritism, ridiculous, costly and time wasting I know but the unions have weild their power somehow.

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

As I understood it the law states a company must carry out 'An Interview' - one interview, so why call more than the ones you are seriously considering. gits. Oh well, back to trawling job sites again.

19. John

John Active Member

One thing that would annoy me if I was still in the work force would be this habit of having 3 or 4 interviewers sitting at the table, all trying to out do one anothers with question to the person looking for the job
    :fish2:

20. spidge

spidge Active Member

As they say Kitty, something will turn up!