Rant/Rave of the Day

Discussion in 'Barracks' started by Kitty, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Kitty

Kitty New Member

You folks do realise I have the power to go in an EDIT all your posts to make you look absolute plonkers, yes? ;)

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Made to look plonkers.

Hi Kitty,
    The reason for your last post eludes me.
    Is it something I said.

Keith

3. Heidi

Heidi New Member

It was humour on our part,nothing more. I'm not to sure what we said wrong!
    If you edit mine,can you make me sound smarter?

4. DFC

DFC New Member

I agree very much with heidi can you edit mine to make it read better I think you would have full time Job doing so !!!:help:

5. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Don't think you need to edit to achieve that, Kitty. :becky: :bolt:

Rant: Rant/Rave thread folks, get back onto it.

Rave: haven't had a thread go off topic like this for a while. Quite enjoyable.

6. Golden Wattle

Golden Wattle New Member

To Keith & Heidi,
    Kitty was replying to my "Funny posting":....no need to fret.

For AA:
    Rant: Moderators on other sites who take themselves too seriously. Our prefects are perfect....:hail:

Cheers
    GW

7. Antipodean Andy

It's my excessive mod paypacket that keeps me happy, GW.

8. Golden Wattle

Golden Wattle New Member

Jeez, Do you need a pay rise.:fishing:

GW

9. Buster

Buster "Deep down 'ere in'nit Chief?!"

RANT: I was at a bike rally at the weekend, I had imbibed one over the eight, and fell over, landed on my tent and busted a pole!

RAVE: Get to buy me a new tent! BONUS!

10. Heidi

Heidi New Member

RAVE-Got my self a little (after school job) and i was doing well and got alot of work.

RANT- I rejected the advances of the manager and now i don't get any work at all. Not fair.

11. Buster

Buster "Deep down 'ere in'nit Chief?!"

Well, Heidi, go and take this to HIS boss. If you are getting no more work then you have nothing to lose, he on the other hand......... has loads to lose.

There is no place in society for this kind of impropriety - no excuses, no equivocations.

12. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Heidi, this is important. You are 15 years old. what he did is highly illegal. Its peadophilia. He is your boss and he knows how old you are and what he was doing! You go straight to the police and make a complaint to them immediately!

13. Antipodean Andy

Heidi, don't just shrug it off. Report what happened and make sure something is done about it. If you don't do something, he will try it on someone else.

14. Heidi

Heidi New Member

It did not quite make it that far! He wanted a date and lunch and i rejected him,and now i not getting any work.
    But if ever went that far,i know what to do,i took both of you're suggestions on board for the future just in case!

RAVE- I have found more information on the yougest serving servise man during ww2.

RANT- The thread for it is not on the board any more and i have no idea were to find it!
    Any one know where the thread is located?

15. Antipodean Andy

16. Keith

Keith New Member

The Dreaded Shut Down

Hi,
    can someone help me to stop crashing down using the Red shut down "X", and force me to sign off !!!!!!
    The times I have to return to guarantee a proper removal of cookies etc, is driving me insane.
    No cracks please.
    :bangin:
    Cheers
    Keith.

signing off now!!!

17. Kitty

Kitty New Member

Sorry Keith am confused. Are you accidentally closing the window using the top right hand X button? If so make sure that when you sign in with your username, you have the little box clicked for Remember Me. That will make sure you stay signed in, but any posts that were still in the draft box will be lost.

If you are needing to clear cookies, which needs to be done several times a week to minimise glitches, then am afraid it will sign you out, as the Remember Me cookie will be deleted. You can prevent that by choosing which cookies are deleted, but i strongly advise against it as even here we can get bad cookies at times.

18. Keith

Keith New Member

Wrong Exit

Hi Kitty,
    Yes I do keep hitting the top right hand "X" when I should be using the sign off button.
    I think it's me age, I will have to take time and do it properly.
    Thanks for your help, I owe you a saucer of milk sometime.
    :nod:
    Cheers
    Keith

promises, promises, I've just done it again!!!!!!!!! *******

19. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kitty,

I still sign out with the top right close all button, "X" marks the spot.
    :censored:
    I then sign back in to log out properly !
    Is this an advised action, or is it not really needed.
    :faint:
    It's probably the local climate, or just pure bad habits.
    :bangin:

Cheers
    Keith

20. Kitty

Kitty New Member

All the red X button does is close the browser window, you need to log out of a site if you wish, unless you have clicked Remember Me. But you still need to clear cookies least once a week. if a site is glitching it means an old cookie is not tallying correctly with it.