Vulcan set to return to the skies

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Kyt, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

2. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

So for roughly 600k a year, they can keep her flying...plus she'll earn airshow appearance fees. Not much for govt coffers really...

3. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Last night, I sent off for the Aircrew manual for the Vulcan Mk1B and Mk2, plus Pilot's notes for the Avro 707 A/b

4. Kitty

Kitty New Member

was worried they wouldn't get the money. thank god they can get those test flights done and have her booked in as star flyer at airshows this year.

I'll let you all know what she looks like :>

5. Antipodean Andy

This just in - Vulcan XH588 stolen by dodgy looking bloke with small book tucked under his arm...

6. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

Give me time to read the manuals first!:becky:

7. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

8. Kitty

Kitty New Member

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Gonna see her! Gonna see her! Gonna see her! *Bounces around forum like a 5 year old with a sugar overdose*

9. Antipodean Andy

Again.....

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

what?!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. morse1001

morse1001 Guest

He is just commenting on your usual reation when you see something you really love!

Attached Files:

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

13. Adrian Roberts

Adrian Roberts Active Member

So it won't be at Biggin Hill, then. :cry_smile:

A couple of years back, the airshow commentator was talking about an aircraft that would not be there that summer - the CAA had not issued the permit, because the person dealing with it was on holiday, and had not handed over the application to anyone else.

14. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Had its first outing at Waddington airshow today - and accompanied by another beauty

Attached Files:

15. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Guest

Hopefully it will be at many airshows in the future.

16. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

It missed it's Sunday flight

this is lincolnshire- news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

17. Kitty

Kitty New Member

She's tagged to appear at Southport airshow in September, so will hopefully see her there.

18. Kitty

Kitty New Member

She wasn't going to Southport, then a local businessman paid the £12K needed to get her there on the Saturday. Which she didn't do as the weather over the Pennines was too bad for her to fly. Then she tried to take off from Brize on sunday lunch time to make a brief appearance and had to turn back due to weather. Lot of people went home then as Southort airshow is just abysmally organised. We were about to go home when it came over the tannoy she had taken off again with a new flight plan.

I SAW THE VULCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Antipodean Andy

You lucky...although I'm awaiting photographic evidence...

20. Kitty

Kitty New Member