Westland Lysander

Discussion in 'World War 2' started by Kyt, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Hi Keith

I shall do a google - sounds like fun :)

Where did you post the pictures as I can't see them here or on the gallery?

2. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Keith very kindly provided these pictures of his model - it is huge!! Thank you Keith.

Attached Files:

3. Antipodean Andy

Antipodean Andy New Member

Bloody hell, well done Keith! Love that kitchen shot.

4. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

That's when I realised how BIG it was!!

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kyt,
    Just found my pictures of Lizzie, she is 1/4 scale equating to 80in Wingspan.
    For research I have always found Airliners.net/aviation photographs helpful.
    My project at the moment is a 1/4 scale DH Tiger Moth 82a, again Airliners providing marvelous pics

6. Antipodean Andy

1/4 scale? Awesome! Do you have any progress pics, Keith, I'm interested to see what materials and techniques you use. Perhaps start your own thread in the collectables forum?

7. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Andy
    thanks for the interest I have a few skelatal pics on my computer, of the Tiger Moth will try to sort out a reasonable batch and post them.
    Have a nice Christmas
    Cheers
    Keith

8. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

I would love to see pictures of the skeletal Moth too Keith. Having seen pics of restorations of Spits and Hurries in the magazines I've become quite taken by the "rawness".

9. Antipodean Andy

That'd be right...anything in the raw...

10. Nostalgair

Nostalgair New Member

Hi All,

I have some skeletal pics of my actual Tiger Moth through its restoration. Would they be of any use?

I'd have to scan them in as they are 'pre-digital'.

Cheers

Owen

11. Keith

Keith New Member

Skelatal Tiger

Hi Kyt,
    I hope I haven't given the wrong impression, these will be pictures of another 1/4 scale model I am building. I may take Andy's advice and post them into a new thread!
    Got to learn sometime.
    Cheers
    Keith

12. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

Yes Keith, I realised that :) Would still like to see. And 1/4 is nothing to be sniffed at - that's still huge!!

13. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kyt,
    OK, I feel that my main interest in aeromodelling is because of the high esteem in which I hold the RAF pilots and their selfless devotion to saving the UK at a time of great peril.
    I therefore think that to open a thread devoted to models of the aircraft flown by "The Few" can be nothing but an expression of gratitude.
    If that is acceptable with everyone then I will go ahead.
    As a qualification to my latest model, I am sure that many pilots will have happy memories of flying the Tiger Moth!
    Cheers
    Keith

Attached Files:

14. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

my main interest is the human element of the war, especially those flew in the air forces, so I completely agree

Good idea

I think Nostalgair, for one, would agree :)

http://ww2chat.com/forums/war-air/1592-tiger-moth-n9257.html
    http://ww2chat.com/forums/general-topics/1601-tigers-tale-tiger-moth-takes-air-once-more.html

15. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kyt,
    I hope the other members will be interested.
    I would like a pointer as to where the thread should be posted!
    When this is sorted I will start posting in a couple of days.
    Thanks for your help.
    Cheers
    Keith

16. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

17. Keith

Keith New Member

Hi Kyt,
    Thanks again for your help, found the sub-forum.
    I will now get busy with photoshop to create entries which I hope will be of interest.
    I wonder if you remember Flying Officer Kite? any relation!!!!
    Cheers
    Keith

18. Kyt

Kyt Άρης

No, though I wish I could grow a 'tach like "him" (Humphrey Lestocq) ;)

19. Antipodean Andy

Yes please, yes please, yes please!

I've got some somewhere as well and heaps of other aircraft in various states of undress but don't hold your breath for them!

20. Canberra Man

Canberra Man New Member

Strange Lysander.

Have any of you seen the developement of the Lysander for bombing and strafing German troops if they landed on our beaches. It had a slightly shortened fuselage the tailplane was replaced by a Delanne style of wing with twin fins and rudders and a four gun turret a la Lancaster. The bombs would have been 25 pounders on a light series bomb carrier on each spat carrying 4x25 pounders. What did the powers that be thought the Me 109s would be doing!!!!

Ken